Monday, April 3, 2017

Week 5 (Week of 3/6)

If I have learned anything from the past week, it is that it pays to be the son of the only pilot who works someplace. ACSS limits me to work only 18 hours a week, which I compress to two nine hour days (Wednesday and Thursday). This week I have been to both ACSS's King Air test aircraft and the TAWS product simulator. Due to the envious looks of the much more senior engineers, these opportunities are not normally available.

The simulator was nothing more than a glorified version of Microsoft Flight Sim, but with incredibly realistic controls and the ability to test the company's products. Unfortunately, the King Air was also a tad disappointing. The interior is being refitted so at the moment is is the mere shell of the aircraft it used to be. To add to the disappointment, while kneeling down to examine some wiring a sharp piece of metal sliced my dress slacks open.

No comments:

Post a Comment